Situated in the eco-paradise of Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, this 5-star retreat offers sweeping views across the reserve and coastline. Immerse yourself in luxury amid lush gardens and an ancient Milkwood forest, discovering the wonders of Southern Africa’s rich biodiversity at Grootbos Garden Lodge.
Luxury Amidst Lush Gardens and Ocean Views
Discover the eco-paradise of Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, a five-star sanctuary between mountain and sea, showcasing Southern Africa’s extraordinary flora and marine life, including the renowned “Marine Big 5.” Only 2 hours from Cape Town, Grootbos offers a unique luxury African experience, seamlessly blending classic Cape attractions.
Grootbos Private Nature Reserve’s Garden Lodge features 11 freestanding suites, carefully nestled into the gaps of an enchanted Milkwood forest. These stylish suites are adorned with luxurious canopy beds, spacious en-suite bathrooms, separate lounges with fireplaces, and private wooden decks offering spectacular panoramic views.
Garden Lodge welcomes you with unparalleled, panoramic views over the pristine fynbos and glimmering Walker Bay coastline. This lodge stands as an elegant gateway to the wonders of Southern Africa’s biodiversity.
South Africa, Whale Route
Beautifully appointed, spacious rooms - the 2-bedroom suites are perfect for families
Panoramic views across the reserve and coastline
Garden Lodge is ideally suited for families, with plenty of kids activities, babysitting services and a forest-themed playroom
11 Luxurious Freestanding Suites
Welcomes children of all ages
- Accommodation in freestanding suites
- Water, soft drinks, tea and coffee, minibar
- Fresh fruit daily in suite
- 3 Meals Daily – Breakfast with full English breakfast menu – Light lunch – 5-course dinner
- Horse riding for non- and experienced riders through the reserve (please note children under the age of 12 are only allowed on guided pony rides)
- Guided walks and nature, marine & coastal drives combined with seasonal land-based whale watching
- Transfers to/from all activities
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa Treatments
- Actvities not listed
- Items of personal nature (telephone calls, items bought from the Grootbos Gallery)